Our Founder & CEO
Peter Mckie founded PARASOL to provide a single-point of high-quality, accredited first aid training for all Australians. Peter is highly regarded as an industry expert in the field, drawing on his 20-year background as a degree-qualified Intensive Care Paramedic with the NSW and ACT Ambulance Services. Peter has contributed to the industry with his 17 years of service to the Australian Resuscitation Council in NSW and the ACT, and roles as:
Chair and founder of the Australian Resuscitation Council (ACT)
Council Member of the Australian Resuscitation Council (National)
Founding Member of the Emergency Care Practitioners of Australia
Member of the European Resuscitation Council
Participant on the First Aid Industry Reference Group
Speaker about pre-hospital care at conferences in Australia and overseas
Author of Active First Aid
First Aid Training, WHS, Advanced Life Support, Safety & Fire Courses in Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne & Brisbane
PARASOL is the leading Australian provider of training in first aid, fire safety, health and safety, business training, and advanced life support. We train corporate groups and individuals, at your site or ours.
We’ve been training people for more than 20 years. Our qualified and experienced instructors share their expertise with more than 55,000 people each year. We trained all over Australia, using our national network to get you the best trainers, the best equipment and the best outcomes.
Why choose PARASOL?
- Expert training – you get high-quality, nationally recognised first aid and safety training designed by industry professionals who care about results.
- Professional instructors – our team are the real deal: qualified doctors, nurses, paramedics, fire safety officers, and trainers with practical, specialised experience in what they teach.
- Nationally accredited and audited – you get peace of mind, knowing that we are an independent Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 2551) and audited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
- Quality assured – we want to satisfy our customers. Being certified in the ISO 9001 standard guarantees that all our processes, documentation, and improvements meet stringent requirements. You get a constant, high level of reliability and transparency from our work.
- All your training under one umbrella – save time and money with easy one-stop access for all your safety training needs.
- Tailored to fit – get first aid training that fits your team and your requirements whatever your business size, industry, or location: we customise training programs to suit you (not the rest of the world). You choose if you want first aid training delivered at your site or ours.
- Latest techniques and technologies – we’re at the forefront of first aid training delivery and bring you the very latest in realistic simulation equipment so your people are not only trained, they are practised and drilled to respond. We bring you state-of-the-art thinking and training equipment, including our fire trailer simulators that enable realistic on-site simulation.
- The resources you need – we carry a vast array of first aid resources, including our own first aid manuals and first aid kits, all available from our online store.
- National clients – we work with multi-site clients, including Pacific National, Monash University, Australian National University, AirServices Australia, Goodstart Childcare Services, and Transport for NSW.